The following guidelines are in place to help you get ready for and enjoy the SL Christmas Expo. We aim to have our event as lag-free as possible and turn to you for your assistance in some areas. We also strive to keep things within the overall atmosphere of the Expo we want to achieve. Your cooperation as an exhibitor in assisting us to achieve this is very much appreciated.
SL Christmas Expo is a mega event that raises funds for the American Cancer Society. 100% of registration donations, special event sponsorship donations, kiosk donations, hunt, raffle, auction, and RFL of SL vendor donation items are paid to Relay For Life of Second Life. Funds raised support the American Cancer Society’s mission to save lives, celebrate lives, and lead the fight for a world without cancer. The Expo focus is on Childhood Cancer.
Our Christmas Expo Merchants are some of the kindest and generous merchants on the grid. They participate from the heart for the right reasons.
Please understand, this is a charity event held to raise money for the American Cancer Society. While we sincerely hope your store does well and has many sales for your own individual business profit, if that is your primary focus for participating in the SL Christmas Expo, we kindly ask you to reevaluate your decision to participate before signing up. We understand not every merchant is meant to participate in a charity event and that is okay.
Disclaimers, TOS, Community Standards
- All persons, behavior, and objects at the 2019 Second Life Christmas Expo must follow the Linden Labs Terms of Service and the Second Life Community Standards.
- We reserve the right to deny any application without explanation. You will be notified should your registration be denied.
- After registration/sponsorship fees are paid, they are non-refundable; no exceptions are made.
- By registering for the SL Christmas Expo, you agree that you have read, fully understand and accept all policies, guidelines and disclaimers governing the event. “I didn’t know” is not an excuse if we have to ask you to leave due to non-compliance.
- Exhibitor’s and/or sponsors participation at the SL Christmas Expo is at the discretion of the Expo. Products and displays may be returned if they are breaching any of the guidelines governing the event. If an exhibitor/sponsor is asked to leave the event, all registration fees and sponsorship fees will be forfeited.
- Exhibitors and/or sponsors and staff are responsible for their conduct and the conduct of their representatives at the event. Violation of the Second Life Community Standards may result in removal from the event. Registration / Sponsorship fees and privileges will be forfeited.
- The Relay For Life / American Cancer Society Logo cannot be placed on any item for sale. It can be placed on items you give away for free.
We have two simple requirements…….
- Each merchant is asked to provide two new items to be sold at 100% donation to the Relay For Life of Second Life. These items are not required to be Exclusive to the Expo, although our shoppers highly anticipate and appreciate your Exclusive creations. Exclusive means the item cannot be sold before the event, can be sold only at the Christmas for the duration of the event, and can then be sold after the event as you choose. Breedable merchants, you may provide a OOAK Breedable for auction or 2 Limited Edition Exclusive Breedables in lieu of the two new items if you so choose.
- Participate in at least one of the following: Holiday Shopping Spree Raffle, Gift Of Hope Mega Raffles or the Stocking Stuffer Hunt. Participate in all three if you like and give as many items as you wish. Gift certificates work best for the raffle as it brings visitors to your store after the Expo is over. Minimum gift certificate value for Holiday Shopping Spree Raffle is L$500. Minimum gift certificate value for the Gift Of Hope Mega Raffles starts at L$10,000 . For the Stocking Stuffer Hunt items, we ask that you provide quality items with a minimum value of L$75, as this is an expression of the quality of items in your store. Participants will purchase the Stocking Stuffer Hunt Box (which we provide to you) for L$25. This is a draw to bring shoppers to your Expo store.
- You are required to use the provided RFL Christmas Expo Vendors for your two new 100% donated items.
- You will be provided with both 100% and 50% RFL Christmas Expo Vendors.
- You may have out as many additional 100% and/or 50% RFL Christmas Expo Vendors as you like, provided you do not go over your prim limit. We encourage each merchant /creator to donate as many items as they can for sale in the Relay For Life vendors.
- All items sold for 50% donation to the Relay For Life MUST be sold in our Christmas Expo vendors. No other split vendors are permitted. We cannot track total revenue the expo brings in if it is being sold through other vendors. And we are unable to provide the security to patrons that the 50% is going to the Expo. You are required to use our 50% and 100% vendors for a reason.
- You will also receive our RFL 50% split Gatcha Machine in your merchant kit. (use is optional)
- You may place out as many RFL Gatcha Machines with 50% split proceeds as you like. To be placed out at the Expo Gatcha area only, not in your Expo store. (any non RFL Gatcha machines, unless otherwise arranged & approved, regardless of location placement, will be returned)
- Gatcha At Your Non Expo Store: You can also place out the RFL Christmas Gatcha Machines at your main business location if you are a registered Expo Merchant. We ask you to please place out the SL Christmas Expo signage near the RFL Christmas Gatcha Machine. Please let us know if you are planning to do this so we can help advertise.
- The number of non Relay For Life vendors permitted in your Expo store is determined by your shop size. Please read the merchant registration carefully. You will be asked to remove Vendors if you are over the registration limit. Multi-Item vendors are NOT permitted and will be returned.
- ** IMPORTANT **
- In an effort to reduce lag and provide an enjoyable shopping experience, the Expo requests merchants use simple single item prim vendors for your own 100% store items in lieu of networked systems. While we recognize that networked systems work great in individual shop locations, having several hundred networked vendors on one region, in addition to hundreds of RFL Vendors, places a high demand on an already busy sim server. At this time, the ONLY networked vendor script permitted is the CasperVend2 / Event Vendor Script. This is only permitted in your own single stand-alone vendor (multi-item vendors and non CasperVend2 / Event Vendor Script vendors will be returned with our without warning). We want people to be able to move and visit your Expo shops…. help us help you!
- Simple Single Item Vendors are easy to create and use. Simply rez a prim, rename, retexture, drop an item in and set for sale! Easy Peasy, and NO SCRIPT LAG!
- All content at the SL Christmas Expo must be rated for general or moderate audiences. Absolutely no adult content or nudity depicted in pictures, text or demonstration models. Adult versions of rezzable content may be sold in vendors only which clearly state the items are an adult in nature. Skins are the only exception to nudity. If you have to ask if it is allowed… it probably isn’t 🙂
- No Business In A Box or otherwise franchised or resold (gatcha) items.
- Please provide quality creations in your RFL vendors and your own shop vendors.
- Exhibitors grant the Expo a limited license to use any logos and product ads provided to promote their participation and/or sponsorship of the event in Second Life and on third-party websites, such as, but not limited to in-world promotional materials, event signboards, Expo related blogs, RFL of SL websites, and other online sites and services.
- Exhibitors and/or sponsors agree that the the Expo regions will be open to photographers and machinima producers, and that photography and filming will not only be allowed, but also encouraged during the entire event, beginning with the Press Preview
- In addition to the above, the SL Christmas Expo will not accept the use of child imagery in sexually suggestive advertising in Second Life. For example any children’s faces on sexually mature and explicitly sexual bodies or in the promotion of sexual content via the use of child imagery in anyway.
Display & Texture Policies:
- Exhibitors / Sponsors will have access to the Expo sims no later than 6am slt, December 2nd and will have 2 days to set up. We strongly encourage pre-building displays at your home /store using the footprints provided.
- Exhibitors / Sponsors set up must be completed by 5am slt December 4th. Press Preview day on December 4th is to give you the best possible publicity. December 4th is not a setup day. The build will be turned off.
- Please keep all textures to 512 x 512 wherever possible, especially in vendors, to help us reduce client-side lag. The higher the texture resolution the longer textures take to rez and this has a cumulative effect; Each 1024 x 1024 texture uses 4 times the memory of a 512 x 512 texture. This affects the load time and frame rates for ALL visitors to the Expo. Please keep your texture resolution to 512 x 512 or lower. The quality difference of a 512 x 512 and a 1024 x 1024 texture is negligible. If you submit a product/item texture to be used in promotions on the web page and it is a 1024 x 1024, we will respectfully ask you to resize to a 512 x 512 and resend. We will also ask you to confirm your vendor textures are 512 x 512. We will not post textures larger than 512 x 512.
- No permanent hover text on items (Breedables included) (RFL Vendors excluded)
- You may have a landmark giver or group joiner in your shop, however, no listener scripts, shouting scripts, greeter scripts, traffic detectors. They will be returned. Let’s keep the lag to a minimum for everyone.
- We reserve the right to return items with or without your prior consent if you are over your prim limit.
- No copyright or trademark infringement (real-life or virtual name brands, logos, sounds or graphics).
- All content at the SL Christmas Expo must be rated for general or moderate audiences. Absolutely no adult content or nudity depicted in pictures, text or demonstration models. Adult versions of rezzable content may be sold in vendors only which clearly state the items are adult in nature. Skins are the only exception to nudity. If you have to ask if it is allowed… it probably isn’t 🙂
- Please stay within the boundaries of your store / outdoor space.
- We reserve the right to return items with or without your prior consent if you are over your prim limit.
Items not in compliance with the above may be returned without prior consent or any liability due to loss of any kind to the SL Christmas Expo, The Relay For Life of Second Life, The Relay For Life, or the American Cancer Society.
In an effort to make the Expo enjoyable for all individuals, we have Scripting Policies in effect to help both the Server Side and the Client-Side Lag. If you have questions on any of the policies, please reach out to our Lag Monitors and they will be pleased to help.
Also know that the Lag Monitors will be present before, during and after Merchant Set Up reviewing script usage. If they knock on your door to have something corrected, please listen to what they are saying. They are doing it for the betterment of all visitors and merchants.
No Temp Rezzers
Group Joiners are ok inside your shop
Desired script time per item
Low < 0.05ms per item;
Moderate 0.05 – 0.1ms per item
High 0.1 – 0.5 ms per item;
Extreme > 0.5 ms per item
What does that mean?
Low – Moderate:
High & Extreme:
-Item is recorded with script time
-You will be notified via IM & Notecard identifying the high scripted item
-Assistance will be provided to help identify the item and see if there is a possible way to reduce script time. Ie: turn off scripts, remove scripts, replace item with non scripted item.
-The item will need to be removed if the script time cannot be reduced to low or moderate script time within 12 hours, or we have no response from you, whichever comes first.
– If several items are found to be in the High and /or Extreme script time usage, those items may be returned without any wait period. Script time in excess of 0.5 is not sustainable in the Mega Event environment.
- You are required to have fun and enjoy that “feel-good feeling” you get when you know the money you are raising will help cancer survivors, caregivers, and researchers of the American Cancer Society.
HOW DO I PAY FOR MY SPONSORSHIP / REGISTRATION?
- Please note that registering online does not complete your shop and/or sponsorship registration. Once your application is processed and accepted, you will receive a confirmation email with instructions on how to make the registration payment.
- The coordinator for the event reserves the right to deny any application. Should an application be denied, the registrant will be notified.
- Payment for sponsorship packages are made directly to the special SL Christmas Expo Relay For Life official vendors. The location/landmark for the payment area will be provided AFTER your registration form is received and we have processed your registration – usually within 48 to 72 hours. The only persons who may need to contact you regarding your payment specifics would be Nuala Maracas, the SL Christmas Expo avatar, our Merchant Coordinator or the Breedables Coordinator (and they will never ask you to pay them directly). No other person associated with the SL Christmas Expo will contact you regarding payment specifics for the SL Christmas Expo. Do NOT give payment to anyone else. We are not responsible for any payments made to any other avatar or object. ***Once an application is accepted and registration/sponsorship fees are paid, they are non-refundable, and no exceptions are made.***