The following guidelines are in place to help you get ready for and enjoy the SL Christmas Expo. We aim to have our event as lag free as possible and turn to you for your assistance in some areas. We also strive to keep things within the overall atmosphere of the Expo we want to achieve. Your cooperation as exhibitor in assisting us to achieve this is very much appreciated.
SL Christmas Expo is a mega event that raises funds for Relay For Life of Second Life (RFL of SL). 100% of registration fees, sponsorship fees, kiosk donations, hunt, raffle, auction, and RFL of SL vendor donation items are paid to Relay For Life of Second Life. Funds raised support the American Cancer Society’s mission to save lives, celebrate lives, and lead the fight for a world without cancer.
Guidelines and Disclaimers
- All persons, behavior, and objects at the 2018 Second Life Christmas Expo must follow the Linden Labs Terms of Service and the Second Life Community Standards.
- We reserve the right to deny any application without explanation. You will be notified should your registration be denied.
- After registration / sponsorship fees are paid, they are non-refundable; no exceptions are made.
- By registering for the SL Christmas Expo, you agree that you have read, fully understand and accept all policies, guidelines and disclaimers governing the event.
- Exhibitor’s and / or sponsors participation at the SL Christmas Expo is at the discretion of the Expo. Products and displays may be returned if the are breaching any of the guidelines governing the event. If an exhibitor / sponsor is asked to leave the event, all registration fees and sponsorship fees will be forfeited.
- Exhibitors and / or sponsors and staff are responsible for their conduct and the conduct of their representatives at the event. Violation of the Second Life Community Standards may result in removal from the event. Registration / Sponsorship fees and privileges will be forfeited.
- The Relay For Life / American Cancer Society Logo cannot be placed on any item for sale. It can be placed on items you give away for free.
We have simply two requirements…….
- Each merchant must provide two new exclusive items to be sold at 100% donation to the Relay For Life of Second Life. These items must be new and exclusive to the Expo for the duration of the event. (cannot be sold before event, but can be sold after). Breedable merchants, you may provide a OOAK Breedable for auction in lieu of the two new exclusive items if you so choose.
- Your choice of participating in at least one of the following: Holiday Shopping Spree Raffle, Stocking Stuffer, or The Holidays Hunt(participate in all 3 if you like and give as many items as you wish). Gift certificates work best for the raffle and hunt as it brings visitors to your store after the Expo is over. For Stocking Stuffer items we ask that you provide quality items, as this is an expression of the quality of items in your store.
- You are required to use the provided RFL Christmas Expo Vendors for your two 100% donated items.
- You will be provided with both 100% and 50% RFL Christmas Expo Vendors.
- You may have out as many additional 100% and/or 50% RFL Christmas Expo Vendors as you like, provided you do not go over your prim limit. We encourage each merchant /creator to donate as many items as they can for sale in the Relay For Life vendors.
- All items sold for 100% or 50% donation to the Relay For Life MUST be sold in our Christmas Expo vendors. No other split vendors are permitted. We cannot track total revenue the expo brings in if it is being sold through other vendors. And we are unable to provide the security to patrons that the 50% is going to the Expo. You are required to use our 50% and 100% vendors for a reason.
- You will also receive our RFL 50% split Gotya Machine in your merchant kit.
- You may place out as many RFL Gotya Machines with 50% split proceeds as you like. To be placed out at the Expo Gotya area only, not in your Expo store. (any non RFL Gotcha / Gotya machines, regardless of location placement, will be returned)
- NEW FOR 2018 – You can also place out the RFL Christmas Gotya Machines at your main business location if you are a registered Expo Merchant. We ask you to please place out the SL Christmas Expo signage near the RFL Christmas Gotya Machine. Please let us know if you are planning to do this
- The number of non Relay For Life vendors permitted in your Expo store is determined by your shop size. Please read the merchant registration carefully. Vendors over the registration limit will be returned. Multi- Item vendors are NOT permitted and will be returned.
- In an effort to reduce lag and provide an enjoyable shopping experience, the Expo requests merchants use simple single item prim vendors for your own 100% store items in lieu of networked systems. While we recognize that networked systems work great in individual shop locations, having several hundred networked vendors on one sim places a high demand on an already busy sim server and strongly request you do not utilize them at the Expo. We want people to be able to move and visit your Expo shops…. help us help you!
- Simple Single Item Vendors are easy to create and use. Simply rez a prim, rename, retexture, drop an item in and set for sale! Easy Peasy, and NO SCRIPT LAG!
- All content at the SL Christmas Expo must be rated for general or moderate audiences. Absolutely no adult content or nudity depicted in pictures, text or demonstration models. Adult versions of rezzable content may be sold in vendors only which clearly state the items are adult in nature. Skins are the only exception to nudity. If you have to ask if it is allowed… it probably isn’t 🙂
- No Business In A Box or otherwise franchised or resold (gatcha) items.
- Please provide quality creations in your RFL vendors and your own shop vendors.
- Exhibitors grant the Expo a limited license to use any logos and product ads provided to promote their participation and/or sponsorship of the event in Second Life and on third-party websites, such as, but not limited to in-world promotional materials, event sign boards, Expo related blogs, RFL of SL websites, and other online sites and services.
- Exhibitors and/or sponsors agree that the the Expo regions will be open to photographers and machinima producers, and that photography and filming will not only be allowed, but also encouraged during the entire event, beginning with the Press Preview
- Exhibitors / Sponsors will have access to the Expo sims no later than 6am slt, November 27th and will have 2 days to set up. We strongly encourage pre-building displays at your home /store using the footprints provided.
- Exhibitors / Sponsors must be completed by 5am slt November 29th. Press Preview day on November 29th is to give you the best possible publicity. November 29th is not a set up day. Build will be turned off.
- Please keep all textures to 512 x 512 wherever possible to help us reduce client side lag.
- No hover text on items (Breedables included)
- You may have a landmark giver or group joiner in your shop, however, no listener scripts, shouting scripts, greeter scripts, traffic detectors. They will be returned. Let’s keep the lag to a minimum for everyone.
- We reserve the right to return items with or without your prior consent if you are over your prim limit.
Items not in compliance with the above may be returned without prior consent or any liability due to loss of any kind to the SL Christmas Expo, The Relay For Life of Second Life, The Relay For Life, or the American Cancer Society.
- You are required to have fun and enjoy that “feel good feeling” you get when you know the money you are raising will help cancer survivors, caregivers, and researchers of the American Cancer Society.
HOW DO I PAY FOR MY SPONSORSHIP / REGISTRATION?
- Please note that registering online does not complete your shop and/or sponsorship registration. Once your application is processed and accepted, you will receive a confirmation email with instructions on how to make the registration payment.
- Payment for sponsorship packages are made directly to the special SL Christmas Expo Relay For Life official vendors. The location / landmark for the payment area will be provided AFTER your registration form is received and we have processed your registration – usually within 48 to 72 hours. The only persons who may need to contact you regarding your payment specifics would be Nuala Maracas, the SL Christmas Expo avatar, or our Merchant Coordinator Stevie Basevi. No other person associated with the SL Christmas Expo will contact you regarding payment specifics for the SL Christmas Expo. Do NOT give payment to anyone else. We are not responsible for any payments made to any other avatar or object. ***Once an application is accepted and registration / sponsorship fees are paid, they are non-refundable, and no exceptions are made.***