We broke the guidelines down into sections to be easily accessible. However, you still will be agreeing that you understood and agreed to ALL guidelines, policies…. so please read it in its entirety here.
Display & Texture Guidelines:
- Exhibitors / Sponsors will have access to the Expo sims no later than 6am slt, December 3rd and will have 2 days to set up. We strongly encourage pre-building displays at your home /store using the footprints provided.
- Exhibitors / Sponsors set up must be completed by 5am slt December 5th. Press Preview day on December 5th is to give you the best possible publicity. December 5th is not a set up day. Build will be turned off.
- Please keep all textures to 512 x 512 wherever possible, especially in vendors, to help us reduce client side lag. The higher the texture resolution the longer textures take to rez and this has a cumulative effect; Each 1024 x 1024 texture uses 4 times the memory of a 512 x 512 texture. This effects the load time and frame rates for ALL visitors to the Expo. Please keep your texture resolution to 512 x 512 or lower. The quality difference of a 512 x 512 and a 1024 x 1024 texture is negligible. If you submit a product / item texture to be used in promotions on the webpage and it is a 1024 x 1024, we will respectfully ask you to resize to a 512 x 512 and resend. We will also ask you to confirm your vendor textures are 512 x 512. We will not post textures larger than 512 x 512.
- No permanent hover text on items (Breedables included) (RFL Vendors are excluded)
- You may have a landmark giver or group joiner in your shop, however, no listener scripts, shouting scripts, greeter scripts, traffic detectors. They will be returned. Let’s keep the lag to a minimum for everyone.
- No copyright or trademark infringement (real life or virtual name brands, logos, sounds or graphics).
- All content at the SL Christmas Expo must be rated for general or moderate audiences. Absolutely no adult content or nudity depicted in pictures, text or demonstration models. Adult versions of rezzable content may be sold in vendors only which clearly state the items are adult in nature. Skins are the only exception to nudity. If you have to ask if it is allowed… it probably isn’t 🙂
- Please stay within the boundries of your store / outdoor space.
- We reserve the right to return items with or without your prior consent if you are over your prim limit.
Items not in compliance with the above may be returned without prior consent or any liability due to loss of any kind to the SL Christmas Expo, The Relay For Life of Second Life, The Relay For Life, or the American Cancer Society.